Spring is here and what better time to enjoy a light, fruity cake with some tea? This Lemon Curd Loaf is like a lemon drizzle, except is made with Lemon Curd- both inside and on top.
Preheat your oven to 180c
- 250g Self Raising flour
- 150g sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300ml non dairy milk (I used soya)
- 125ml vegetable oil (I used rapeseed)
- 10 tsp lemon curd
- Pinch salt
1. Mix all dry ingredients and combine- make sure there's no lumps.
2. Whisk in the wet ingredients (only use 6 tsps of the Lemon Curd here).
3. Pour mixture into a greased loaf tin, cover with foil and place in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes in the oven, take the foil off and place back in the oven for another 15 minutes or until the top is brown.
5. Take out of the oven and check the centre with a cocktail stick or knife- if it comes out clean, the loaf is ready. If not, keep putting it back in for 5 minutes until it's done.
6. Once done, leave to cool in the loaf tin.
7. Once cool, remove carefully from the tin. Poke holes in the top either with a cocktial stick or knife and carefully spoon the rest of the Lemon Curd on top- done!