Using our new Bakewell Curd, these Muffins are fluffy, moist and very tasty!
- 4 Tsp Bakewell Curd
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup non dairy milk (i use soya)
- 1.5 tbsp dairy free margarine
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Mix all dry ingredients and dairy free margarine together.
3. Whisk in the milk until you have a thick, creamy batter and leave to sit for 5 min.
4. Grease 6 cases within a muffin tin ( I use a non stick silacone muffin tray but i still grease them as it makes it far easier for the muffins to come out once cooked).
5. Gently fold in the Bakewell Curd to the mixture then spoon mixture into each case of a muffin tray.
6. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the muffins are golden brown.
7. Take them out of the oven and check they're cooked the whole way through (you can do this by pricking a cocktail stick into the centre of each one, if it comes out clean- it's done. If there's still batter on the stick, then put them back in for 5 mins and check again until done).
8. Leave the muffins to cool before taking them out of the tray. This is important as they are more likely to fall apart if taken out whilst hot.
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did! If you do make these delicious muffins, we would love it if you could tag us on social media!